Based in the San Francisco Bay Area
Founded in 2017
PC / Mac
“She wanders the depths, seeking to be noticed and heard.”
In the Keeper’s Shadow is an intimate hand-painted adventure game where Emi, a young, inquisitive girl journeys to unearth secrets amidst the crumbling, war-torn city she’s called home. Through a mix of point and click, direct control, and puzzles, players will help Emi understand and confront an ever encroaching twisted psychological and physical landscape. The game features audio logs, artifacts, atmospheric sound, and complex characters that invite players to connect with echoes of the past and ponder themes of love, despair, compassion, inner strife, and closure.
Will she put the pieces together before it’s too late?
The game is built on the visionary world of Jessica Fong and her portfolio of over 10 years of work expressing her family’s struggle to confront their history with child abuse. The work has shaped the person she is today, fueling her passions and drive to be her own advocate. The founders wish to create something meaningful from this darker chapter of her life and have the confidence to share these creative expressions and mindscapes with others. We see the game as a needed cathartic release for those closest to the work and who want greater awareness of the signs and consequences of child abuse.
“To what we go through alone and together when facing the hardships of our past”
- Single player experience utilizing elements of classic point and click, adventure, and puzzle games to traverse a twisted landscape.
- Collect clues to understand Emi’s world and its history.
- Fully voiced characters provided by Piper Faye and Elspeth Eastman.
- Engage with unique cinematic environments for a dynamic hand-crafted, story-book feel.
- Hand-painted aesthetic and art direction of founder Jessica Fong, depicting dystopian surrealism.
- Atmospheric music and sound design by Fabs (known for The Finger Eater series)
About lonely egg studio
Lonely Egg is a Bay Area indie game studio founded in 2017 to develop artistic and deeply personal games. Investing in people who nurture growth through strong collaboration, discipline, and experimentation. Self-funded with support from family and friends, Lonely Egg believes innovation and progress stem from independence and freedom of expression.
We primarily develop for PC and Mac
Download Images (.zip)
Logos & Icons
Sal V Cloak